Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 25 Smoky Mountains

Decided to hike out of Gatlinburg the weather was still really bad, I only had 4 miles too the first shelter and then waited for the weather to calm which it did but I managed to make a phone call and heard that more bad weather was about to come in so I stayed at the shelter which was a really bad idea because for the next 4 hours it was clear and sunny which would have been perfect hiking weather too the next shelter. But it was cool that I stayed because I was the only person in the shelter for a while and Amy just randomly showed up soaked and looked like she had a really bad time. I was super confused because she was a day ahead of me and she walked in and told me she went 10 miles in the wrong direction down some other trail and she just hiked back too the shelter I was at. So me and her planned out our trip too get out of the smoky mountains and into hot springs on a crazy day of may 3rd which means we had a 20 mile day ahead of us and than a 16 and a 19 mile day after. Time for sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment