Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 5


woke up and my ankle didn't hurt and I was feeling alright. I almost crapped my pants on the way down the hill looking for a spot to take a dump it sucked. We woke up around 6 and while we packed up camp we watched the sun come up, today was the first day I wasn't freezing my ass off in the morning. As usual we got out before everyone towards blood mountain. It was 6 miles too blood mountain and then 1 mile up and 1 mile down and then 3 miles to camp. Me and amy knocked out the first 6 miles very quick and a lot of it was in and out of valleys. The wind always picks up in valleys and we kept stopping and putting more layers on and off. We already started 0.2miles of blood mountain without even knowing and than it started to get so hard. I have never walked up 0.8 miles of steep mountain in my entire life and it was insane when we got to the top. It was breath taking. 4500 feet up was way higher than I was thinking. We made the decent down and it was all rocks and wet from the rain two days ago. We rushed the 3 miles into the hostel and ate pizza and hot dogs like animals and settled in and started resupplying. I cut a lot of weight from my pack and got some awesome food. For now I'm going to abuse the wifi in this hostel and watch the new game of thrones and pass out I have a long 13 miles tomorrow and after the first hot shower I feel ready for sleep like no other. Also have some cool cat friends outside the hostel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment