Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 4


So some awesome chick had a portable battery charger and I got 30% on my phone. So here's day 4 as I lay in my tent and watch the sun go down behind the mountains. The day started off kinda late because I knew it was going to be easy. During the night tho in the shelter some random dude sat at the table around 3am and drank some beers and creeped on people while we all slept. No one knows who he was. But anyway I got started around 8:15 and I kid you not it was chilly out with very heavy winds and today's entire trail was all in valleys and between mountains and around them/over them. The sun was out for the first time and we didn't have the white cloud haze above us like we normally do.  I ended up hiking in my rain jacket just to keep my nips from falling off. But about 30mins in I saw my first bear. It was a decent sized black bear about 40 feet up the trail and it saw me and bolted for the woods. I didn't really think much of it and kept on going. Amy was super jealous because she really wants to see a bear for some weird reason. Today's views were beyond amazing and kept getting better and better. Ended up hiking 8 miles to the top of this mountain and sitting on this rock ledge for 4 hours enjoying the sun. Walter white(Garry)went ahead and started towards Neal gap which makes him 9miles ahead of us but we should catch up. Hiked with him till the ledge and exchanged info and wished him luck on blood mountain.  Hiked down hill 1.7miles and made it into camp. Met this awesome dude named "fuckkin majestic" he chilled at the camp fire and always has good laughs. He also ate a cockroach at the camp fire.. Resting kinda early tonight my right foot ankle hurts I rolled it a few times. Hopefully I wake up not in pain because I'm about to hike the biggest mountain yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment